Some degree of anxiety and nervousness is normal and affects every one of us. The reactions of your mind and body are part of normal functioning. Anxiety becomes problematic when it is excessive, persistent and disproportionate to the actual circumstances that exist.
Anxiety may become manifest in a variety of ways:
- worrying thoughts
- intense dislike or fear of situations (or avoidance of situations)
- panic episodes or panic attacks arising out of the blue conflicting feelings
- conflicting feelings
- unpleasant memories or intrusive thoughts
How therapy can help:
Therapy offers a warm, empathic, safe and confidential environment in which the therapist and you collaboratively work towards:
- Understanding the underlying causes and triggers of your anxiety, both conscious and unconscious
- Developing ways to manage your anxiety – this usually involves both cognitive (how you think about it) and behavioural (actions, tasks, homework etc) work
Contact us now in confidence at Arduna @ (01) 833 2733 to discuss making an appointment with one of our therapists who can help you with anxiety problems.
THERAPISTS WHO SPECIALISE IN THIS AREA:
To get more information on an individual therapist please click on their image.